Staying Healthy at Bikes, Blues and BBQ
Dusting off your Harley for the 16th Annual Bikes, Blues & BBQ? You’re in good company! This Fayetteville tradition brings thousands of riders to the Ozarks for 3 days of food, rally and rockin’.
Oral health might not be top of mind, especially if you’re ‘jammin to the Bone Doctors.
Hold on to your Harley, because we’re here to help!
4 quick tips to have fun and stay healthy:
- After a couple beers or cocktails, add in some H2O. The water will help clear away harmful bacteria that can cause cavities.
- Select smart sauces.
- While enjoying the BBQ, look for sauces based with chili, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and soy. These delectable dips contain zero fat but still add an extra zing.
- Indulge in veggies.
- A barbecue doesn’t have to be all about the meat! Invite veggies to the ‘cue too! Our favorite grilled vegetables include sweet potatoes, eggplant, sweet onions, mushrooms, corn on the cob, zucchini and asparagus.
- Become a dance champ.
- Don’t be a spectator! If you join the dancing, you will burn up to 443 calories per hour. Plus, you might make some new friends and have a good time to boot.
- Enjoy the rally and make sure your smile stays healthy while you’re having fun.