Brushing + Flossing = Nintendo Switch OLED
Getting kids excited about the importance of brushing and flossing for a healthy smiles is next to impossible so here's a new idea.
Delta Dental of Arkansas has created the "Say No to Cavities Challenge" for the month of February 2024 (aka National Kids Dental Health Month).
We're challenging families (yes, kids vs. parents) across Arkansas to brush their teeth twice a day, floss daily, and keep track of their progress for the entire month of February. By doing so, the kids have a chance to win a brand new Nintendo Switch OLED!
Download the "Say No to Cavities Challenge" calendar to track your kids’ brushing and flossing activity.
No printer or can’t open a PDF? Save it as a photo on your phone and use your photo mark-up tool to complete the form.
At the end of February, email or mail your calendar back to Delta Dental and we’ll draw a winner for the Nintendo Switch OLED.
All entries must be received no later than March 15, 2024.
Entry forms can be mailed to:
Delta Dental of Arkansas
P.O. Box 15965
Little Rock, AR 72231
or emailed to Marketing@deltadentalar.com.
Play Say No to Cavities with your students in the classroom and you could win a $500 gift card.
- Print out a copy of the Say No to Cavities flyer for each student or instruct them to save the calendar sheet as a photo to their phone.
- Start each day by asking your students if they brushed and flossed the previous night and that morning while their memory is fresh. Instruct them to mark the calendar sheet accordingly (either on the printed copy kept in their desk or a digital copy downloaded to their classroom laptop or personal phone). Write the names of the weekly and final champions on a classroom poster or award small prizes if available.
- At the end of February, ask your students to obtain their parent’s or guardian’s signature and return all completed, signed calendar sheets to Delta Dental of Arkansas. Be sure to include your name, name of school, phone number and email address. Your name will be entered into a drawing for a $500 VISA gift card. See the deadline and address information above.
Say “Yes” to more oral health education in your classroom:
- Check out our free lesson plans about smile-friendly foods, a marshmallow teeth model and the power of fluoride.
- Share these short, animated videos with your K-8 students for helpful tips on brushing, flossing and seeing the dentist regularly.
- Apply for a Super Smiles At Schools Mini Grant for other oral health projects.
The “Say No to Cavities Challenge” is open to children, ages 17 and younger, who are residents of Arkansas. Employees of Delta Dental of Arkansas and their immediate family members are not eligible. There is no purchase necessary to participate. One entry per child, please. All entries must be received no later than 5 pm CST, March 15, 2024. Forms can be mailed to Delta Dental of Arkansas, P.O. Box 15965, Little Rock, AR 72231 or emailed to Marketing@deltadentalar.com. The drawing for the winner of the Nintendo Switch OLED will take place on Tuesday, March 26, 2024. The winner's parents or guardians will be notified by email at the email address provided on the entry form.