SMILES: POSSIBLE Funding Opportunities
SMILES: POSSIBLE strategic grants seek to address specific oral health issues outlined in the Healthy People 2020 framework. This new funding opportunity is part of the Foundation’s strategic plan to include oral health in overall health and use data to transform communities and lives by funding solutions provided by the community. Specifically, the program seeks to fund projects that:
• Reduce the proportion of Arkansas adults with untreated dental decay or periodontal disease
• Increase the proportion of low-income children and adolescents in the state who receive preventative dental care.
• Solutions from eligible applicants may address social determinants of health, offer creative solutions specific to the community
requesting funding, or expand existing programs.
Please review the timeline and details on this page for information on our 2020 Smiles: Possible grant opportunities.
Download and review our Request for Solutions document to learn more.
Review the Smiles: Possible application in Foundant, our online grant application system.
Complete the form below to register for this webinar offering details on the Smiles: Possible application process. November 11, 2019, 12 - 12:30 pm CST
Who We FundThe Foundation encourages Arkansas-based nonprofit or community organizations holding a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, governmental agencies and educational facilities to apply. We cannot award grants to individuals. Only one proposal per organization per year will be considered.
Grants typically not funded include requests for:
- Indirect costs, excess administrative and salary costs, utilities, wages/salary, fringe benefits, travel, or incentives/gifts
- Fundraising events
- Private foundations and endowments
- Deficit financing and debt retirement
- Projects that will not be implemented within one year
- Programs that discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status
Certain grants include specific reporting requirements, schedules and systems that may vary based on the funding level. Please review the grant terms and conditions carefully before applying.
For more information about our grant programs, please contact us at email@example.com.