7 Classic Ways Arkansas Reacts to Snow
Snow and an alien abduction are almost equally as likely in Arkansas. Here are 7 common snow scenarios that all Arkansans can relate to:
1. 1” inch closes the state.
Local news stations repeatedly use the words, “disaster” and “apocalypse” when referring to the white stuff.
2. People forget how to drive.
Good drivers turn bad. Is there something in those flurries?
3. Your heavy coat comes out of storage.
Finally! Confirmation that your designer ski jacket was totally worth it.
4. Grocery stores resemble the next apocalypse.
Who knows when this dusting will melt?! You don’t want to risk starvation!
5. You check the closings every 30 seconds.
Will your kids’ school be closed? And what about—best case scenario—your office?
6. Sleds are everywhere.
Neighborhoods and parks are flooded with kids getting the classic winter experience.
7. You take hundreds of photos.
You have to capture this once-in-a-lifetime winter wonderland! Who knows if it will ever happen again?!