5 Ways to Green Your Dental Routine
You don’t have to eat tofu and wear all natural fibers to add a little green to your dental routine. These tips can help you keep your teeth clean and healthy and save the environment.
- Turn off the water! Do you mindlessly brush your teeth with the water running? Turn on the water only to rinse your mouth and your brush.
- Go natural. Try a toothbrush made from recycled or renewable materials and recycle it when it’s time for a new one.
- Compost. Yes, you can do it! A biodegradable toothbrush (typically made of corn starch) won’t clog our landfill and can even help your garden grow.
- Slow down. Don’t brush so hard and be gentle on your gums. It will make your toothbrush last longer, saving you money and reducing waste.
- Floss! By flossing regularly, you’ll help prevent major dental work, saving you money and reducing the amount of chemicals your dentist will use when filling cavities.