Smart Snacks for Riverfest Foodies
The sun is shining, the smell of funnel cake titillates your nostrils and music fills the air. It must be festival time in Arkansas! Grab your sunglasses and head to Riverfest, Arkansas’ premier arts and music festival, for a fun-filled adventure of music, games, and crafts.
Thankfully, the fun is right around the corner! Riverfest is May 22-24, 2015 in downtown Little Rock.
Delta Dental of Arkansas is a proud sponsor, and we want to make sure your smile stays as bright as your style with these healthy festival eats and treats. Escape the wafting aromas and temptations of fried food, and opt for healthier options for better oral and overall health.
Smart snack list for festival foodies:
• Be corny, not cheesy. Fried cheese is filled with empty calories; go for corn on the cob or unbuttered popcorn for a salty snack.
• Trick your sweet tooth. Soothe your cravings with a cup of frozen yogurt instead of sugar-loaded ice cream or milkshakes. The calcium in yogurt provides healthy minerals for your teeth.
• Don’t be a (fried) chicken. Chicken contains vitamin B3, which helps combat bad breath, and boosts your metabolism. Order it grilled instead of fried.
• Go nuts! Nuts are loaded with protein and don’t promote tooth-decay. Grab a handful of almonds for a boost of energy.
• Say “H2O-no” to sugary drinks. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Water washes away acids that can erode tooth enamel, and promotes saliva production.
Snack, sing and dance in the sunshine at this year’s Riverfest! For more information, visit www.riverfestarkansas.com.